Donation and Volunteer Wish Lists
Our Community Outreach Partners are developing our future so any donation of your time or treasure is greatly appreciated.
Tax receipts will be printed on request.
Bring your donations to a member meeting, board meeting, or contact Janis Jelnick (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a pickup.
Birdie Alexander Elementary – DISD
The Dallas Woman’s Forum has a special connection to Birdie Alexander Elementary School as the school’s namesake, sister of C. H. Alexander, lived in the Alexander Mansion with her brother and his family.
Birdie worked tirelessly in music education and is recognized for laying the foundation for music education in the public school system, as well as in teachers’ organizations.
DWF has supported Birdie’s work through the donation of musical instruments and books.
- Blue pens (with erasers if possible), 100
- Loose-leaf paper
- Glue sticks
- Dry erase markers
- Kindergarten writing paper
- Play dough
- File folders, 500
- Books (Kindergarten through 2nd grade)
Group: Contact Janis Jelnick (email@example.com) to sign up for group activities announcements.
Individual: Go to Voly.org and sign up, specifying Birdie Alexander.
Alley’s House — Transforming the lives of teen moms
Alley’s House is a powerful support system for teen moms to focus on their personal and professional goals as they work toward independence. Here we provide a nurturing, stable environment to help young mothers overcome obstacles and become thriving women.
Alley’s House incentive program allows teen mothers to earn needed items for their children and themselves. Through the Pathway to Independence Program, teen mothers earn Alley’s House points as they accomplish their goals. Points are then used to acquire items weekly from the Alley’s House Boutique. Due to the size of our Boutique, we are limited in the scope of accepted items. Donations accepted during regular office hours Monday – Friday from 9 am – 5 pm.
Non-Perishable Healthy Items:
- Peanut Butter, Jelly, Oatmeal, Mac & Cheese, Instant Potatoes, Spaghetti Sauce, Whole Wheat Pastas, Brown Rice, Canned Vegetables, Canned Soup, Ramen Noodle Cups, Breakfast Bars, Snack Bars, Nutella, Graham Crackers, Peanut Butter Crackers, Goldfish Crackers, Dried Fruit, Applesauce, Fruit Snacks
Items for Children:
- Baby Food, Formula
- Diapers: sizes Newborn – 6 (priority size 4, 5, 6)
- Toys for baby/infant/toddler
- Play mats, carriers, strollers
Items for Teen Mothers:
- Women’s hygiene items – menstrual products, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, lotion, body wash, face wash, hair products
- Household – toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, laundry detergent, dish soap, First-Aid kits
- Prenatal/Women’s Multi-Vitamins
- Gift cards: e.g. Kroger, Tom Thumb, Wal-Mart, Target (Recipient returns itemized receipt to Alley’s House)
- Blankets for mothers and children
- Professional women’s business attire, shoes, purses, new underwear
- Maternity/Plus size clothing
- Children’s clothing (onesies, 3 mos-9 mos, 12 mos+)
- Copy paper (8.5 x 11)
- Office supplies (pens, staples, paper clips, binder clips, tape, file folders)
- Clorox Wipes/Hand-sanitizers
- Paper Towels
- Paper plates, napkins, utensils, zip lock bags
Many individual opportunities are also available by going to the Alley’s House website: https://www.alleyshouse.org/how-to-help/
Landauer Childcaregroup Center
Founded in 1901 to care for the children of women who worked in the cotton mills of Dallas, today ChildCareGroup is one of the nation’s most comprehensive and respected child care organizations.
- Five dollar ($5) Gift Cards – Recognition program for staff and parent volunteers (Dollar General, Target, Walmart, food, etc.)
- Assorted Construction paper
- Playdough cookie cutters
- Assorted paint dobbers ( standard neon colors)
- Water color setsMarkers
- Smelly markers
- Colored pencils
- Jumbo crayons
- People color crayons
- Blunt Scissors
- Pencils (jumbo and regular)
- Googly eyes
- Peel and stick assorted foam sheets
- Copy paper
- Assorted glitter
- Pipe cleaners
- Clothes pins
- Small buckets
- Assorted Scrapbook paper
- Poster board (colored and white)
- Fingerprint and paper
- Colored sand
- Hot glue sticks
- Dry erase marker
- Dry erasers
- Laminating pocket sheets for tabketop laminator
- Assorted tissue paper
- Hole punchers
- Spiral notebooks
- Composition books
- Erasers (pink)
- Glue (gallon and 4oz)
- Glue sticks
- Assorted Craft scissors(zig zag, wiggle line ect)
- Painting pens
- Peel and stick jewels
- Large and small craft sticks
- Art trays
- Adult aprons
- Small mailing envelopes
- People shapes
- Contact paper
- Paint brushes
- Shaving cream
- Food color
- Assorted magazines
- Paper plates
- Paper sacks (brown and white)
- Art drying rack
- Molding clay
- Assorted peel and stick shapes
- Rubber bands
- Noodles, beans
- Pipe cleaners
- Assorted permanent marker
- Stencils Assorted ( seasons, animals, common objects)
- Pom poms (assorted sizes)
Individual Volunteer Opportunities are also available. Go to ChildCare Group website to sign up. www.childcaregroup.org/Donors/index.html
For More Information
Contact Janis Jelnick, Chairperson for the Community Outreach Committee with any questions, ideas, suggestions, etc.
214.207.7822 (phone or text)
Please remember to report all volunteer hours to Holly Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org).